My essential oils always come with me when I travel. They help me maintain good health and are essential if anything unexpected arises.
Pack the top 10 basic oils!
There are a few oils that I NEVER travel without, although I will almost always travel with more. Here are the 10 oils that I recommend you take on your next journey.
1. On Guard, Protective Blend by doTERRA. This oil is an absolute must, as it helps support our body's immune system. Since I started using essential oils as a form of self care I have improved the quality of my life and health through their incredible benefits and qualities. I would never be without this immune supporting oil in a bottle. You can use this doTERRA blend Internally as well as Topically and Aromatically.
2. Frankincense. Oh Frankie, where would we be without you you wondrous King of Oils!? Yes, this one always comes with me. He is good for everything, from skin health and emotional support, to immune support and cellular repair. He is a mood balancer and soul support. I love to put a drop under my tongue as a daily dose to keep my immune system in check. He's always in my bag for whenever I need or as back up in case I'm not sure what to use...he is one if nature's oldest remedies.
3. Tea Tree/Melaleuca. Ohhhh....the multi-purpose essential oil that is super cleansing for the skin and helps promote a healthy immune function. I love this oil for all of its anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties as it has the ability to help protect us against environmental and seasonal threats. It also has the amazing ability to help support our gastrointestinal health. An all-rounder essential oil that I could not live without.
4. Peppermint. Another necessary essential oil not to leave the house without. It is an amazing energy boost in the morning or when you are feeling tired. I like to place a drop in my palms and inhale it deeply when I feel fatigued or low on energy. It helps with digestive health, including stomach upsets, bloating, gas and indigestion. It is also an amazing breath freshener. It is one of the most important oils to support clear airways and easy breathing when diffused. Some of the other great things about peppermint is that it is a natural bug repellent and cooling oil - so it is great to take traveling in warmer climates.
5. DigestZen, Digestive Blend by doTERRA. Anything stomach/food/digestive related - this mumma is going to sort you out. She is full of warming spices and packs a sweat punch. She is good to have on the road for any tummy upsets or to support overall healthy digestive function. I love this oil, she calms everything right down.
6. Clary Calm, Monthly Women Blend by doTERRA. Amen. This one ladies...hands down, is divine grace incarnate during my monthly cycle. She is kind, calming and helps my hormones to balance out and clears the pain away. She helps to reduce cramps, PMS and other pains and discomforts that come up. Again, another necessity...which just goes to show, there IS an oil for everything!
7. Balance, Grounding Blend by doTERRA. That bit of calm, every now and then to keep you grounded. Balance is like the Grandfather of doTERA's blends. He is soothing to the soul and mind and always keeps you grounded and relaxed - especially through stressful situations while traveling. He's always with me whenever I'm out and about.
8. Oregano. This oil packs a mean punch to help support a healthy immune and digestive system. Oregano can contribute to better overall health and wellness, with powerful antioxidant properties and is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils of them all. It has been used for centuries in traditional health practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties.
9. Lemon. A simple cleansing and cleaning essential oil that no man or women should be without. Lemon is perfect to help kick-start our metabolism when added to a glass of water in the mornings. It is also good at cleansing the air and reducing bad odours. Lemon has a super fresh scent, which along with its cleansing properties means it also makes for a good cleaner. Lemon essential oil works well to clean dirty marks and grime. A good travel size cleaner that you can tuck away somewhere in the recesses of your luggage.
10. Lavender or Serenity, Restful Blend by doTERRA. This oil you can tuck near your PJ's, because rest is vital anywhere you travel. Lavender or doTERRA's Serenity blend are perfect oils to help you relax and unwind after a long day out. They are my top picks when it comes to getting quality sleep and rest anywhere!
My top tips for packing to travel:
Tip 1. Pack 2 days in advance
* This will help you avoid feeling stressed or overwhelmed. Plus, organisation is a fantastic skill to master.
Tip 2: Down-size your luggage
* Who needs 50 pairs of undies and more than 2 books anyway. The lighter you pack, the easier it will be to get around. Wash things on the road. I like to carry some washing soap and wash things in the basin, drying it over night. My books are generally e-books, unless I take one copy that I don't mind giving away or leaving behind.
Tip 3: Pack some healthy whole-food snacks!
* These will be really handy for the plane ride as plane food is not always the most delightful, so some healthy delicious snacks can go down a treat. It's also handy for when you reach your destination, just in case. There are a lot of health food and organics stores popping up all over, so if you manage to eat all the snacks on the plane you'll sure to be able to find a store nearby. (I've been known to do just that!)
Tip 4: Choose a backpack over a suitcase if traveling around for an extended period of time!
* Depending on how far and your chosen method of transport, a backpack can be a lot easier get around with while keeping your belongings safe and strapped to your back. Rolling a suitcase along is perfect for short trips or if you have appropriate transport organised...but if you have to walk the streets of Rome, climb a mountain, visit the outback...you might be better off strapping your luggage to your back!
Tip 5: Pack your day bag with a full day in mind
* Sometimes you might like to just spend an hour or 2 on an outing, but trust me...nothing always goes to plan. Pack a day bag with a full day in mind...you never know what distractions might come up.