As a young girl, I was always familiar with the scent of lavender. My grandma and mum would always be planting lavender in our garden and drying small bunches around the house. It quickly became my favourite scented flower. I remember picking the lavender flowers from the garden and rubbing them into my hands, just so I could breathe in its beautiful calming scent it left on my hands.
Lavender has been used for centuries for its beautiful aroma and endless therapeutic benefits. Lavender is known to calm and soothe the mind and body. It is also frequently used to soothe skin irritations and help skin recover quickly, such as burns. When you apply lavender to the back of your neck and to your temples it will help reduce muscle tension and when you inhale this aroma it helps put your body into a state of relaxation and promotes a restful nights sleep.
Because lavender is such a versatile essential oil, it is definitely one I always have on hand at all times.
HOW TO USE LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL BEFORE BED:
- Apply a few drops to the bottoms of your feet before you go to bed
- Rub a drop into each temple
- Rub a few drops behind back of neck
- Diffuse lavender next to your bed at night
- In a 50ml glass spray bottle mix 20 drops of lavender to 40ml of pure water and spray a little on your pillow before bed.
- Put a few drops in the palms of your hand and cup your hands to your nose and inhale the aroma.